Salahis (don't) crash Bollywood party in DC!
So, the White House gatecrashers were actually invited to a Bollywood party in chic Adams Morgan in downtown DC, whereas reporters tailing the Salahis had to gatecrash the party!
The party was hosted by Kelly Ann Collins and titled “Hollywood vs. Bollywood.” and the Salahis were special invitees.
he party was pegged to the “start of Washington’s polo season” and the Salahis are promoting their American Polo Cup, which they organize.
That event, by the way, is under investigation by Virginia officials.
The Salahis, if you recall, had gate crashed the White House banquet (November 24) hosted by the Obamas for Dr. and Mrs Manmohan Singh.
But let’s get back to the party. Washington Post reporters tried to get an invite for the Adam’s Morgan do, but were politely turned down by the hostess.
The Salahis, on the other hand, were “special guests” and they brought in a few cases of wine. But not to be outdone, the Post hacks bought 25-dollar tickets online for the party and gate crashed (kind of). But they were thrown out as the party was billed private and the tickets, well they went waste.
The Salahis, meanwhile, immaculately dressed stepped out of their stretch limo into the club to party Bollywood ishtyle.
- Nice guys may not finish last
- A safe seat for Mr Gandhi
- Live by Twitter, don't die by it
- Patriotism is for everybody
- Sharif's choice, India's concern
- Five years on, neither forgotten, nor forgiven: 26/11
- The myth of objectivity in media
- Verdict 2013: A no-confidence vote
- 15th NAM Summit begins in Sharm-al-Sheikh
- US thanks India for extending hospitality to Dalai Lama
- Indian Americans not buying Basmati rice
- India-Pak FS meet again ahead of Manmohan-Gilani pow wow